Wednesday, June 20, 2012

Great day at the range

Went to my local Rod and Gun club today, which I don't normally do. I used to go to a couple other gun ranges less local, or out in the forest. But since I recently took ownership of a shotgun from my dad, a Remington 870 express magnum, I decided to hit a range. I was promptly welcomed by a couple of senior citizens who run the range, and met lots of great people, all fellow trap shooters and gun lovers. It was great to have a real conversation about guns, politics and everything else with people I can relate to. They really admired having a college kid on the range, and I didn't feel out of place at all with a bunch of 60 year olds, I felt at home. I shall plan to make trap shootin at the Rod and Gun club a regular thing, each wednesday. Feels good to have a home. Look for my post tomorrow, I took some good pictures of a handy redneck accessory for the range I like to use. Us gun nuts gotta stick together, so here's a personal thanks to all my gun blogging friends. You're the best.

1 comment:

Feel free to comment with your thoughts on the matter, I love to hear from fellow gun lovers